Cicero was a Roman philosopher, statesman, lawyer, political theorist etc., who lived between 106 BC & 43 BC.
What surprised me was that centuries ago our ancestors had things on their minds that we still think about and brood over.
They are certainly as relevant today as they were centuries ago.
What do you think of these six mistakes of mankind that Cicero came up ages ago:
“Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
1. Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
2. Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
3. Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
4. Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
5. Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
6. Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do.”
— Marcus Tullius Cicero 106 BC – 43 BC.
Come to think of it, what if we were to remember these 6 mistakes and try and ensure that at least WE don’t repeat them. Do you think our lives will be different? For the better?
Each one of these lines has a story to tell. I am sure you have enough happening in your life to know this is true.
God bless you.